What I love about this Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken is that it is quick, easy and so tasty – scrumptious actually. The smoky paprika, the touch of chilli, fresh garlic and zucchini blend beautifully with the butter to encase the chicken breast with so much flavor it practically sings on the tongue – delicious! I am such a big fan of smoky paprika on chicken – I just can’t help myself. Parmesan with an ever so light dash of chilli flakes gives this chicken recipe a delightful touch of zing, but without much heat -it is still very much a mild dish as far as chilli goes. Zucchini is another of my favorites. Pairing zucchini with butter and garlic is practically mandatory in my household.
Placing the chicken breast in foil helps it cook very evenly and avoids overcooked end bits, leaving you with tender perfectly cooked chicken.
- Chicken Breast x 1 large
- Zucchini x 1 medium finely sliced
- Butter x 2.5 tablespoons
- Fresh garlic cloves crushed x 4 med-large.
- Parmesan (shredded) x 4 tablespoons
- Smoked paprika (sprinkling)
- Onion powder (sprinkling)
- Chilli flakes (very light sprinkling)
- Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Aluminium foil x 2 pieces (12 x 17inches each)
- Pre-heat a fan forced oven to 180 C (356 F)
- Crush the garlic and use a fork to blend with butter - set aside
- Slice (butterfly) the chicken breast in half so you have two thin slices - set aside.
- Lay the foil pieces side by side, flat on a baking tray
- Place the zucchini slices on each foil piece (middle) to form a base for the chicken
- Use ⅛th of the garlic butter to place in bits over all the zucchini
- Place the chicken on top of the zucchini
- Sprinkle a good helping of smoky paprika all over chicken
- Sprinkle a good helping of onion powder all over chicken
- Sprinkle over a little salt to suit
- Cut the garlic butter into slices and place across the chicken, covering it
- Sprinkle all the parmesan over the chicken pieces
- Sprinkle (very lightly) chilli flakes over the parmesan (just a touch)
- Grab the two longest foil ends and join together, folding to hold
- Gently fold up the other ends, taking care not to let it touch the top of the chicken
- Bake in oven at 180C (356F) for 22 minutes
Optional: Tip some juices from foil over chicken - although not necessary.
HOT TIP: serve with broccoli and squash