If you love carob, and want a smoothie that tastes like a creamy liquid carob chocolate – this carob smoothie is perfect. It is dairy-free and although it contains no added sugar, it is naturally sweet from the maca powder, carob power and natural sweetener in the protein powder.
This Carob Smoothie gets a great kick of iron, vitamin C and B6 from the maca powder, the carob powder contains calcium and fibre, macadamias add good fats, fibre and a stack of manganese. The teaspoon of flaxseeds provide loads of omega-3 fatty acids. Best of all, it is an absolutely delicious smoothie.
- 250 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 2 tablespoons roasted carob powder
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 serve vanilla protein powder - (I use the Clean Programs 'Vanilla Clean Cleanse shake' or Daily Vanilla Shake powder)
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender
- Blend for 35 seconds.