This Golden Haloumi Salad is just delicious. The lightly pan fried haloumi with the beautiful golden egg yolks, fire roasted capsicum and lettuces is super scrumptious combination. I am salivating as I write this. It is truly a main meal in itself, although you could divide it into three and serve it as a yummy side (it wouldn’t exactly be criminal, but you will be left wanting more).
The eggs and lettuce provide loads of vitamins, go perfectly with the dish and make you comfortably full. The fire roasted capsicum adds that extra tasty zip. It is a quick and easy dish to make. I must say though, don’t ever have me around your kitchen if you want to make sure there is haloumi left over – seriously, that stuff is just dangerously good. I find this salad so satisfying that I actually cannot stop talking about it for at least 24 hours after eating it. I wouldn’t say I’m obsessed with it, but……I am in love.
- Haloumi x 3 slices
- Oak Leaf Lettuce (red and green combination) x handful
- Rocket (also known as arugula) x handful
- Fire roasted capsicum (roasted red bell pepper - buy in jar) x 6 strips
- Eggs x 1.5
- Olive oil x 1 teaspoon
- Sunflower oil x 3 teaspoons
- White wine vinegar x 1 teaspoon
- English Mustard x ¼ teaspoon
- Honey x ½ teaspoon (substitute for sugar or maple syrup if you can't have honey)
- Lemon (juice from ¼ lemon)
- To make the dressing: Add dressing ingredients to small jar and shake until well combined
- Place the oak leaf and rocket lettuce on a plate
- Top with strips of fire roasted capsicum/red bell pepper (or roast ¼ a capsicum & remove skin)
- Pan fry the haloumi on medium on both sides until soft (in 1 teaspoon olive oil)
- Soft boil the eggs (2 minutes), peel and cut in halves
- Add the haloumi and eggs to the salad plate
- Drizzle salad dressing over lettuce and haloumi (give dressing a good shake first)
Note 2: If you choose to use a different dressing, it is best to use a subtle one with lemon ideally.