Everybody loves a great Queso Dip (otherwise known as a warm Mexican Cheese Dip). This Queso Dip recipe is the best – warm, delicious, moreish and a true party pleaser. It is quick and easy to make, and can be made the day before and heated just before serving. I love serving it with plain corn chips. But you could also serve it with toasted pieces of roll, crackers or vegetable sticks.
This Queso Dip is full of cheese, tomatoes, green chillies and smoked paprika. This is one of the dips that absolutely everyone loves and will eat until the bowl is practically licked clean. It is also a gluten free dip by default.
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese (2 x 250gram blocks or 2 x 8 ounce blocks) - cut into chunks
- Tasty Cheese shredded - 1.5 cups
- Diced tomatoes x 400ml can
- Tomato x 1 medium-large fresh - chopped
- Long green chillies x 4 (deseeded and finely cut)
- Smoked paprika x ¾ teaspoon
- Onion powder x ½ teaspoon
- Garlic powder x ½ teaspoon
- Sour cream x 2 tablespoons (added after heating and just before serving)
- Salt to taste
- Shallot pieces to garnish
- Add all ingredients (except sour cream) to a saucepan and heat on medium (do NOT boil)
- Heat and stir until smooth (no lumps) -
- Take off heat and stir through sour cream well
- Top with fresh shallots
- Serve dip warm with corn chips
To make and serve the next day:
Take dip off heat (do NOT add sour cream).
Place in microwave container with lid and place in fridge.
When ready to serve, heat gently in microwave until quite warm.
Add sour cream, top with shallots and serve with corn chips