Sometimes the simplest dishes are the best – Avocado and Tomato on Toasted Turkish Bread is the perfect example of a quick, delicious and super easy lunch. Actually, I have also sometimes have it for breakfast as well, but it is generally my favourite weekend lunch. It tastes so fresh and the spread of thick avocado with thin fresh sliced tomato on toasted turkish bread with sesame seeds is surprisingly scrumptious.
I must confess that I am not big on carbs. The taste of doughy bread is yukky and makes me feel yukky. So whenever I have turkish bread I cut it into fours, take one piece, sliced it in half to make two toastable portions, then I pull out all the extra doughy bits on top until I am left with 2 thin bread-like pieces which crisp up beautifully in the toaster – no thick doughy bits left, yay. This really makes the flavour of the avocado and tomato stand so much more.
So if you want a super fast, super easy, super delicious, super nutritious healthy lunch, this is it! Adding the onion on top is great, but you can certainly omit it if you cannot stomach onion – it will still taste awesome.
- ¼ Turkish Bread Loaf (sliced into 2 toast size pieces)
- 1 small avocado
- 1 large ripe but firm tomato
- Slivers of red onion
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Remove the excess dough from the turkish bread slices to create thin slices
- Toast 2 turkish bread slices
- Spread avocado thickly over turkish bread
- Slice tomato thinly and on top of spread avocado
- Slice red/purple/spanish onion and add on top to taste
- Sprinkle generously with himalayan sea salt
Leave a Reply