You’d never know this super fast and easy Creamy Strawberry Ice-Cream wasn’t made with loads of cream and was in fact dairy free made with a base of cashew nuts and frozen strawberries. It is great eaten immediately after blending with a soft serve texture or it is also beautiful after being frozen for a few hours for a much more solid texture.
Some ice creams made without dairy go a bit icy after freezing, but not this recipe. Best of all it only takes a few minutes to make and can be eaten immediately. You will need a very powerful blender for this one though. I use my Vitamix blender to make it super fast. Very creamy, sweet and very strawberry – love it!
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Place the coconut milk in first
- Followed by the strawberries, then the cashews, then the ice
- Follow up with the vanilla and honey.
- Blend using a tamper to push down the strawberries and nuts
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth and pink and very thick.
- Take care not to over blend though.
- Serve immediately for soft serve texture or freeze for later.